Altiplanico Hotel Puerto Natales
The Altiplanico Hotel in Puerto Natales merges into the hillside overlooking the Ultima Esperanza Gulf and the Baquedano Glacier.
The hotel offers an experience that combines the awe inspiring nature of Patagonia and the interior charm of the Altiplanico style.
From Puerto Natales, you can enjoy Torres del Paine. A world biosphere reserve, it has a huge variety of plant and animal species which with its incredibly beautiful setting has made it an almost unequaled destination for hikers and backpackers, ecology-lovers and adventurers alike.
Snow-capped mountain peaks, cascading rivers and waterfalls, glaciers and mirrored lakes: in all respects Torres Del Paine national park deserves its reputation as the finest nature destination in South America.
The hotel features 22 uniquely designed rooms with the stunning Patagonian landscape as your guest, sheltering you from the powerful climate and inviting you to relax in a hot tub overlooking the cold waters of this southern latitude.
The restaurant opens at night, along with the bar and good music to relax after having faced the hostile climate of Patagonia.
A menu consisting of entrée, main course, dessert and coffee, in addition to a small bottle of wine or juice, all served with delicacy and elegance is available for guests to fully enjoy a variety of Patagonian food specialties.
The menu varies daily, weekly. The food is an inspirited mixture of Peruvian, Chilean, French and regional food. The resulting meal is a product of high quality, surprising for its variety and difference.
The Patagonian region boasts about its splendid products; king crab, austral merles, patagonian scallops, conger, salmon, chilean abalones, patagonian meats and lamb. This speaks of surprising meals, more the less if accompanied by good Chilean wine or pisco sour!
The hotel features 22 spacious double and triple rooms, all with a spectacular view to El Seno de Ultima Esperanza. They have phone, safe, laundry, private bathroom, WiFi Internet and central heating. The concept favors beauty over luxury so the decoration is simple, refined and cozy.
Throughout the hotel the objective is clear and well achieved; the guest must be able to enjoy silence with privileged views from a private space.
The basic design and overlooking views are equal in every room and they have been decorated differently so that guests will feel at home rather than in a hotel.
Altiplanico Puerto Natales Rooms:
- Altiplanico Puerto Natales Activities:
- Full Day at Torres del Paine: After visiting the ancient Milodón Cave and a short stop at Cerro Castillo, we arrive to Torres del Paine National Park. The tour includes an extensive visit to the park with some of the most mesmerizing landscapes in the world together with the exotic fauna that includes ñandus, red fox, guanacos and condors among others.
- Balmaceda and Serrano Glaciers navigation tour: Embarking in Puerto Natales , the tour begins navigating through Ultima Esperanza Sound. The visitor will be able to enjoy the landscape, woods and the exotic fauna. The final stop is at Mount Balmaceda where the stunningly imposing Balmaceda and Serrano glaciers are located.
- Full day at Perito Moreno: Perito Moreno Glacier is one of the most important natural attractions in Argentina. It stands out because of the fall and loosening or the enormous masses of ice.
- Lake Grey Navigation: Lake Grey has a big number of huge icebergs from Grey Glacier. At the stunning frontal wall of the Glacier the visitor can enjoy an appetizer while having an amazing view of the landscape.
- Dorotea Horse Riding: Half or full day horse riding excursions up Dorotea Hill. At the summit the panoramic views of Patagonia will captivate the visitors.
- Ice-Trekking: Ice-trekking on the border of Grey Glacier.
- Trekking in Torres del Paine National Park: The park offers numerous trekking circuits with different levels of difficulty and duration.
- Sport Fishing: Sport fishing can be carried out in several rivers and lakes in Puerto Natales, particularly in Toro Lake, Maravilla y Porteño.
- Kayaking: There are several kayak routes to follow, surrounded by gorgeous landscapes, black-necked swans, Andean flamingos and other birds. The most popular route is between Grey Lake and Grey River.
Altiplanico Puerto Natales