Lost World Adventures Frequently Asked Questions

Lost World Adventures Frequently Asked Questions

A. It will depend on your citizenship and what countries you are visiting. American citizens will require a visa to visit Bolivia, Paraguay, Suriname. For citizens of other countries the following website is a good reference. https://www.visahq.com/

Bolivia Visa – U.S. citizens are required to have a U.S. passport valid for at least six months from the date of your proposed entry into Bolivia. One blank passport page is required for entry stamp. U.S. citizens traveling to Bolivia for tourism must apply for a visitor’s visa, which is valid for 10 years. With this visa, you may stay a maximum of 30 calendar days per trip, not to exceed 90 days total per year. You can apply for a Bolivian tourist visa through the Bolivian consulates in the United States, Bolivian consulates in any other country and, under certain circumstances, the land and airport port-of-entry offices of the Directorate General of Immigration in Bolivia. U.S. Embassy La Paz is aware of reports of U.S tourists receiving Bolivian visas issued by Bolivian Immigration authorities at the port of entry, but the U.S. State Department does not advise relying on this option. 

The visa fee is US$160 (as of March, 2016). Ensure you have crisp bills in the exact amount (change may not be made). In addition to the visa fee you must present a visa application form with 2 4cm x 4cm color photographs (with white background), a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry, travel itinerary issued by your tour company (Lost World Adventures and our local tour partner in Bolivia will provide this), proof of economic solvency (credit card, cash, or a current bank statement), and an International Vaccination Certificate for yellow fever.

Arrival by land: Some tourists arriving by land report that immigration officials did not place entry stamps in their passports, which causes problems at checkpoints and upon departure. Make sure you get entry and exit stamps from the Bolivian authorities every time you enter or leave Bolivia.

Download Bolivia Visa Application here.

We recommend printing and completing the form prior to arriving at an overland port-of-entry.

Paraguay Visa – A Tourist Visa is required for Citizens of United States of America to enter Paraguay. A visa can be applied for online or directly at a Consulate of Paraguay. U.S. citizens can also obtain a visa on arrival in Paraguay for a stay of up to 90 days. This is ONLY available at Silvio Pettirossi International Airport in Asunción (ASU) and the fee of USD160.00 (as of June 1, 2018) must be paid IN CASH. Entry via any other airport or land border crossing requires a visa in advance. Passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of your proposed entry into Paraguay. Passport MUST contain one blank visa page for the visa to be issued.

A. This will depend on the nature of your trip and how much you intend to buy. Expenses usually not included on our itineraries: tips to guides/drivers, meals not included on your itinerary, local airport taxes, souvenirs. ATMs are found in most larger cities in Latin America.

A. No. The best place to exchange currency is at the airport upon arrival. Your airport transfer guide will expect to escort you to the kiosk with the best rate and assist you with the process. You will also be able to exchange currency at most hotels along the trip.

Bear in mind U.S. Dollars are readily accepted at many businesses (restaurants, shops), especially in major cities.

A. Your transfer guide will be in the Arrivals Hall holding a sign with your name clearly on it. In most airports the arrivals hall is the room just after exiting baggage claim (or Customs & Immigration at international airports).

A. Due to issues such as city traffic, flight changes and other possible last-minute changes we do not include specific pickup times on our itineraries. This is to avoid confusion on the day of the tour or transfer. You will be contacted by your guide on the day prior to the service with the pickup time for your transfer or excursion.

A. These can be found at the specific airline’s website. Your Lost World Adventures consultant can send the link if you have difficulty.

A. The best source of information is the CDC website.


Note: Click on the question to view answers.






Travel Tips
Have small bills in your cash supply for tipping. Some vendors are reluctant to give change on larger bills.
Client Reviews